How can we help?
Here you can find help, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions.
Frequently asked questions
Browse our list of commonly asked questions to see if you find your answer here.
About the digital tool
Yes. The app that you download will always be free. We believe everyone should be able to participate using Safeland and that a price cannot be put on personal safety.
That being said, we also offer optional add-on features that people may choose to purchase at a cost. These are things like the ability to connect a unique home alarm system to the app directly.
Not a great deal!
Safeland does continuously work in the background to keep an eye on events near you, no matter where you are, and to ensure your notifications are instantaneous. However, we know battery consumption is of great concern to today's users, which is why our engineers worked hard to minimise the impact on your phone's battery.
Your phone can either be set to update apps automatically or manually. We recommend that you enable automatic updates. That way, Safeland will be updated automatically when a new version is available without you having to do anything.
How to enable automatic updates of apps:
- iOS (iPhone): https://support.apple.com/sv-se/HT202180
- Android: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113412?hl=sv
If you'd like to continue manually updating your apps, you can open App Store or Google Play, find Safeland and update the app.
Integrity and safety
The information you use to register with Safeland is stored within our secure server. We will never pass or sell your information on to a third party.
We do aggregate data and analyse trends in order to keep developing Safeland. This information can be interesting and provide valuable insight in how to further enhance community safety, so it may be shared with relevant parties or shared back to our users. This data will always be general and never user specific.
Security and privacy is incredibly important to Safeland. Our technology follows policies in-line with systems processing sensitive data.
- Protect Information - All non-public information requires authentication with username / password or Facebook login based on OAuth and access tokens.
- Limiting information - We do not save unnecessary data and we ensure the data saved is only needed to create an attractive and secure service for our users.
- Encrypting information - All communication within Safelands servers are protected by SSL to ensure server authenticity and prevent tampering and hacking. In addition to this, encrypted sensitive information on the disk is only accessible by authorised Safeland personnel.
- Traceability - If anyone does attempt to access non-public information, this attempt can be logged and tracked to find the person responsible. No private information is stored in these logs
- Internal limitation - only internal authorised people can have access to Safeland servers.
We place user integrity and privacy of the utmost importance at Safeland. Like most apps, Safeland app does require access to a few areas of your device in order to maximise its effectiveness in keeping you and your community safe:
- As mentioned above, Safeland requires access to your location in order to place you on the Safeland map and find events nearby to you.
- Safeland requires the ability to send you push notifications in order to alert you to surrounding events that could affect you.
- Safeland requires access to your audio in order to activate the Personal Safety Alarm timer.
- Safeland will require access to your gallery and/or camera if you wanted to add a picture to your event or profile.
Users with iOS devices will receive pop-ups asking for permission for all of these allowances.
About the company
‘Safeland’ captures who we are and our mission. ‘Safeland’ is for everyone, whether they are police, Neighbourhood Watch, council or a resident.
‘Safeland’ is also more than just a name, it’s a common goal to achieve together - a land that is safe.